As the haze is getting worse, people are busy searching for N95 masks and air purifier which are out of stock most of the time. In due of this, what should we do in the mean time?
If you turn on FM97.2, 95.8 or 93.3 even switch on TV channels,
all are reporting how bad our weather is! We could hardly breathe even at the comfort of our house and we barely can walk in the haze without hurting our eyes and vision is really poor!!
As may know,
the hazardous haze particles will affect our lungs and to more serious
extent, they will go into bloodstream and get absorbed by underlying
tissues and therefore affect our other internal organs like our heart.
Read more to understand about the below:
How Haze Can Affect Your Health
Fine particles in a haze are extremely small and light which mean
they suspend in the air for much longer periods of time and stand a
higher chance of being inhaled by animals and humans.
inhaled, these fine particles (those measuring 10 microns or less) can
cause irritation of the nose, throat, airways, skin and eyes. You may
experience sneezing, running nose, eye irritation, dry throat and dry
cough as a result of inhaling the air pollutants. These symptoms are
usually mild if the haze is not severe and will subside when you stay
indoor and limit your exposure to haze.
However, if you are suffering from some medical conditions
such as asthma, heart disease, lung disease, chronic sinusitis and skin
allergy, your condition could be worsened by haze. You are also more
likely to experience severe haze-related effects than those who are
Minute particles contained within a haze can enter the bloodstream
when they are breathed deep into the lungs and get absorbed by
underlying tissue. Once they enter the blood, they can potentially
interact with other compounds and substances in the body, for example
‘bad’ cholesterol, to produce damaging effects such as inflammation.
Children and the elderly are more vulnerable to the ill effects of
haze due to their weaker immune system, and hence, they should take
special precautions to protect themselves.
This is how our family protects ourselves from this terrible haze.
1. Switch on the air conditioner, air purifier and rainbow vacuum cleaner
I have contact for the Amway atmosphere and rainbow vacuum cleaner. Please contact me if you need, immediate use. For Amway atmosphere, you can loan FOC subject to availability.
2. Our family is also taking wholesome organic plant supplement from the science of Nutritional Immunology to combat the worsening haze.
Reason for taking the above and increase the quantity because our immunity is really low now and we need to take in more antioxidant, phytochemcials and polysaccharides food to build up our immune system.
Nutritional Immunology is a relatively new science pioneered by E. Excel’s
founder, Dr Jau-Fei Chen. It studies the close relationship
between nutrition and the immune system. Dr Jau-Fei Chen’s
research shows that consuming healthy foods strengthens the
immune system; a strong immune system can defend us from most
illnesses. Nutritional Immunology emphasizes consuming natural,
wholesome foods for good health and does not endorse consuming
chemically processed foods. This science surpasses the study of
basic nutrients essential for survival such as vitamins and
proteins. Instead, Nutritional Immunology researches on how
antioxidants, phytochemicals and polysaccharides etc help boost
the immune system.
Nutritional Immunology emphasizes prevention over cure.
It could be too late to search for a cure after we fall sick.
Diseases can be better prevented if we provide our immune system
with proper nourishment daily.
Most diseases are the result of a malfunctioning
immune system. When the immune system is stimulated, for
example, the body produces excessive IgE antibodies that will
trigger allergic reactions such as skin allergies and hay fever.
When the immune system is weak or not strong enough, it succumbs
easily to cancer or infectious diseases, for example, SARS and
other viral and bacterial infections. Rheumatoid arthritis,
systemic lupus erythematosus and other chronic diseases are
autoimmune diseases caused by the immune system’s inability to distinguish self from non-self.
Please do note the following too which you might not know.
1. Close all the windows and doors and turn on the air conditioner and air purifier.
2. When you keep your dried clothes, please remember to fling a few times before keeping and folding as haze particles will settled down on our clothes.
3. Wash you utensils, toothbrushes, towels etc before use.
4. Do not rush to the doctor and ask for medicine! Medicine is just a suppressant. We need mucus and to cough out the dirt. Please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucus . Dr Chen had also mentioned in her health sharing on 9 June 2013 the reasons of letting the mucus out and to cough out. Imagine our respiratory as a broom. We need the broom to sweep the dirt out and by taking medicine we are telling our body to stop sweeping and mopping and the dirt will just go straight into our lungs and body! Hence, we need the right nutritional food to let our immunity work for us. Our immune system is the best doctor.
Contact me if you need any Nutritional Immunology information and products for your family. It is as important as masks and air purifiers as there will still be traces of haze particles from each breath we take.
Take care folks!